Fractional CO2 Resurfacing is a skin treatment that uses laser technology to reduce wrinkles and remove a variety of imperfections. Microbeams play on the layers of the skin, targeting a fraction of the skin at a time. This laser light removes thick, dead skin and stimulates new skin growth and collagen. Since the light is focused on only small parts of the skin, it leaves the surrounding tissue unaffected, allowing the patient to heal quickly.
What It Does
Common areas the skin treatment can be used on:
- The face
- The neck
- The chest
- The back
- The hands
The treatment can be performed anywhere on the body for the removal of sun damage, surgical scarring, and stretch marks.
Loose skin is also a common concern that can be treated with skin tightening procedures anywhere on the body, for those who had had a reduction in weight or a loss of elasticity common with aging skin and sun exposure.
On these surfaces, it can be used to address:
- skin discolorations
- sun damaged skin
- acne scars
- surgical scars
- fine lines
- rough skin texture
- rigid skin (skin that has lost its elasticity)
Post Treatment Care
Patients are advised to follow the following procedures after treatment:
1. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, for the duration of healing (5) days.
2. Follow the aftercare instructions; washing gently with mild cleanser morning and evening, as well as applying moisturizer provided by professional to remove the dry dead skin.
3. Use sunscreen SPF 35 or greater, reapplied every 3 hours when in direct sunlight for the next 8 weeks.
4. Daily use of sunscreen is advised routinely for all to avoid damage and increase aging to the skin.
Recovery is rapid and does not require any extensive post-treatment therapy. In essence, this is an ideal way to restore a youthful appearance without excessive cost and expensive surgery.